Blush isn't just your average pastel colour...
These dusty shades are seriously on-trend right now. Not overly sweet, blush is a shade of pink that has just enough peach in it to feel neutral, and in fact, has been heralded as "the new grey".
Its light tones bring a feeling of freshness and space to a room, and it's surprisingly easy to style with.
Shades of blush pink can be used in a variety of ways. Here are our tips on bringing it in your home:
- Use in moderation. Too much pink can be overpowering, so try not to over-do it. Test it out sparingly with accessories first, such as a cushion, vase or piece of artwork, before committing to a whole-house makeover.
- Make it minimal. Keep to this season's simplistic feel with minimalist design detail. If you add too much flair, the look will lose its impact.
- Incorporate copper. Pack extra punch by pairing it with copper accents. The warm tones really complement each other and will keep things looking contemporary.
- Find complementary tones. Blush is very versatile. It works well with other pastels or can even be combined with monochrome black, white or grey to create a soft and elegant feel.
- Use it to warm up a room. Blush is a great colour to feature on bedroom walls or on quilt covers. It will add a sense of warmth and can be soothing when used in smaller decorative touches.